Afghan Taliban govt says to attend third round of UN-hosted Doha talks

Date:

KABUL: Taliban authorities will attend the third round of United Nations-hosted talks on Afghanistan in the Qatari capital, a government spokesman told AFP on Sunday, after snubbing an invitation to the previous round.
“A delegation of the Islamic Emirate will participate in the coming Doha conference. They will represent Afghanistan there and express Afghanistan’s position,” Taliban government spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said of the talks, which are scheduled to start June 30.
The participation of the Taliban authorities in the two-day conference of special envoys on Afghanistan had been in doubt after they were not included in the first round and then refused an invitation to the second round in February.
Mujahid told local media on Sunday the decision had been made to send a delegation, the members of which would be announced later, because it was deemed “beneficial to Afghanistan”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ gets new spinoff series; to explore challenges at rural West Texas medical center

Los Angeles, May 19 (IANS) The fan-favourite series...

What happened between Adin Ross and Anthony Fantano after Drake mentioned the streamer in Iceman lyrics?

What happened between Adin Ross and Anthony Fantano...

‘Cheel jab howe shant to bhaiya, tote bolan suru karen’

Amid speculation surrounding his health and alleged...

Mission Makeover? Terrorists opt for cosmetic upgrade in India

Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operative Usman Jutt was a...