Police launch probe after fatal robbery attack in UK’s East Belfast

Date:

Police launch probe after fatal robbery attack in UK’s East Belfast

A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man, who was attacked by robbers in an apartment building in East Belfast. Nicholas, also called Nicky, Gordon, died after sustaining severe injuries as a result of being assaulted by intruders inside the apartment building, during the early hours of Tuesday morning. Gordon was taken to the hospital, where he died.The police service was informed about the incident at 08:25 BST on Tuesday, despite the actual occurrence being around 04:45 in the morning, as reported by BBC. Speaking to the press, Detective Chief Inspector Duffie stated that a “number of intruders” entered the apartment building and “attacked another male before making off”. Ambulance crews attended the scene shortly afterwards.Two suspects were charged with aggravated burglary with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. The two suspects included a 24-year-old male and a 49-year-old female. After police conducted an investigation into the matter, they were granted bail by the police. The PSNI said officers would “continue to work at pace to seek others who may be involved”.A number of local political officials indicated that the local community had been alarmed following news of the violent crime committed. One such official, Democratic Unionist Party MLA David Brooks said that cases like these cause fear and worry for many of the residents in the local community. He added: “It’s not something that you expect to happen in your local community, but the nature of this being a break-in, people worry about their own homes and security as well.Another MLA from the Alliance Party, Peter McReynolds, stated that the local community is shocked and distressed over this case, as such a crime is rare in that particular community.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

‘Won’t tolerate threat to security’

NEW DELHI: The United Arab Emirates on...

Dr. Hook frontman Dennis Locorrier passes away at 76 after a long battle with kidney disease

Dennis Locorriere, the renowned voice of the...

A 2,000-year-old mystery still alive today

The story of an Indian princess believed...

Fire breaks out in Bihar passenger train; no casualties reported

A fire broke out in the Sasaram-Patna...